Welding is a complicated chemical process in which two pieces of metal are fused together by use of heat applied and focused on a specific area. At Alkaas group we understand that Welders are quite useful and important in all things related to Construction. They use their knowledge of metallurgy and chemistry in order to place metal pieces together according to the construction plans for them to be solid enough to withstand the weight of heavy structures, such as houses and buildings. Our Welders use specialized torches designed to burn sheets of metal in order to cut them apart.Our welders are trained to use tools and techniques that may vary greatly depending on the type of metal they’re fusing due to the fact that different metals may have different properties and qualities, which may affect the necessary temperature and method of fusing.Like in all Construction jobs, Our Welders pay special attention to safety procedures and protocols. The tools they use on a daily basis can be quite hazardous if used improperly or without enough attention.Here’s a non-exhaustive list of common tasks Our Welders are trained to do
- Analyzing and understanding the design prior to welding;
- understanding the properties and qualities of the types of metal that will be used during construction;
- determining the necessary tools and techniques to weld the metal at hand;
- examining metal pieces to check that there are no dents or other defects;
- positioning, aligning, and securing all metal pieces according to design prior to welding;
- preparing the corresponding tools by selecting and igniting the correct type of torch and welding machine for the specific type of metal.